Leaving a review for your stay at a vacation rental is essential for both the host and future guests.
Your feedback can help the host improve their services and let other guests know what to expect. Wondering where to begin? Follow these steps to leave a review for your online vacation rental experience.
Logging In to Leave a Review
First, log in to Lake, where you made your booking. Navigate to your bookings or account section, where you’ll find an option to leave a review for recently completed stays. Make sure to do this within the specific time frame (e.g., 14 days), as most platforms have a deadline for submitting reviews.
When writing your review, consider addressing the following topics:
- Guest experience: Describe your stay and mention any memorable moments or unique aspects of the property. Were you satisfied with the amenities and cleanliness?
- Bookings and communication: Was the booking process smooth? Did the host respond promptly to your inquiries? How was the check-in/out experience?
- Positive and negative experiences: Share the highlights and any issues you encountered during your stay. Be honest and specific to help the host improve, and future guests make informed decisions.
- Star rating: Assign a star rating – this is usually on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best. Rate the rental based on your overall experience.
Helping Others with Your Review
Here are some tips for creating an impactful review:
- Be concise: Keep your feedback clear and concise. There is no need to write a lengthy essay – just focus on the key aspects that affected your stay.
- Be fair and accurate: When writing about your experience, stay objective and truthful. Provide specific examples to support your comments.
- Use a friendly tone: Conversationally share your feedback as if speaking to a friend. This tone will help your review resonate with readers.
- Offer suggestions: If you have ideas on how the host could improve their property or services, share your recommendations.
Once you’ve completed your review, submit it according to Lake’s guidelines. The host may also have the chance to review your profile as a guest, so make sure to leave an impression as responsible and respectful.
Following these tips, you can contribute to a transparent and helpful community of vacation rental guests and hosts.