When booking your vacation rental through Lake, you should know cancellation policies. We offer a range of options varying in flexibility, so you need to find the one that suits your needs.
Cancellation policies range from flexible to strict.
- Flexible: Guests can cancel up to 24 hours before check-in and receive a full refund, minus service fees.
- Moderate: Guests can cancel up to 5 days before check-in and receive a full refund, minus service fees.
- Firm: Guests can cancel up to 30 days before check-in for a full refund.
- Strict: Guests can receive a 50% refund until 1 week before arrival, except for fees.
- Long Term: For reservations of 28 nights or more, guests can cancel before check-in for a full refund for the first 30 days and 50% for any days after that.
- Strict 30 Days: Guests can cancel at least 30 days before check-in and get a 50% refund.
- Strict 60 Days: Guests must cancel 60 days before check-in for a 50% refund.
- Non-Refundable: Guests pay the total reservation price if they cancel at any time after the booking.
Flexible cancellation policies are generally more appealing to guests, as they provide security in case plans change.
On the other hand, more strict cancellation policies only offer a partial or no refund.
To avoid frustration or misunderstandings, take the time to read and understand the cancellation policy of your chosen vacation rental before completing your booking.
Select the most appropriate policy depending on your risk tolerance and potential need for booking modifications, and make sure you’re aware of the terms before finalizing your reservation.