Responding to reviews and guest feedback is essential for maintaining your reputation and providing excellent customer service. In this digital world, potential guests pay close attention to reviews before booking properties. Your response rate matters as it demonstrates your commitment to addressing guest concerns.
Thanking Guests for Their Feedback
When responding to reviews, remember to thank the guest for their positive or negative feedback. It’s important to show appreciation and acknowledge their effort in sharing their thoughts, which can be as simple as saying, “Thank you for your review!”
Responding to Positive Feedback
When responding to positive reviews, express gratitude and invite your happy guests to return. Keep it short and sweet. Here’s an example:
Thank you for such a lovely review! We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and are always welcome back.
For positive feedback, express your gratitude and happiness that the guest enjoyed their stay. Feel free to invite them back to your property by saying something like, “We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!”
Responding to Negative Feedback
Research shows that 45% of consumers are more likely to support businesses that respond to negative reviews. So, when you respond to a review, consider it a message to future guests, not just the one leaving the complaint.
Avoid getting defensive and focus on the issue when dealing with negative feedback.
Take a deep breath and step back. Don’t respond in the heat of the moment, as that may hurt your reputation. Remember, it’s essential to appear professional. Based on the feedback, address the issues raised and propose a solution or improve your property. For example:
Thank you for your feedback, and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I have addressed the issue with the shower, and it is now fixed. Your feedback helps me improve, and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again.
Acknowledge their concerns and sincerely apologize. Outline the steps you’re taking to address the issue and make improvements. This will show your genuine commitment to providing an exceptional experience for future guests. Another example you could use is:
We’re sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate your honest feedback. We have taken steps to resolve the issue and ensure a better experience for our guests.
Using The Winning Formula for Replying to Negative Reviews
Here are some steps to follow when dealing with negative feedback:
- Thank your guests: Start by thanking the guests for their feedback. This shows that you appreciate their input and are willing to make improvements.
- Acknowledge the issue: Show empathy and acknowledge the problem your guest experienced. This will make them feel valued and heard.
- Provide a solution: Outline what you’ve done or plan to do to fix the issue and prevent it from happening again. This shows potential guests that you’re proactive and willing to make changes based on guest feedback.
- Stay professional: Keep your tone polite and professional, regardless of the nature of the complaint. This reflects positively on your commitment to customer support and helps potential guests trust you as a property manager.
Building Trust with Timely Responses
Timely responses and an open dialogue with your guests can help build trust and showcase your dedication to ensuring a great experience.
Here are some best practices when handling guest reviews:
- Be timely and consistent in your responses
- Keep your tone friendly and professional
- Address both the positives and negatives in a balanced manner
- Personalize each response to demonstrate genuine care for guest feedback
Addressing Fake Reviews
Fake reviews can be a concern on vacation rental platforms. In such cases, contact Lake’s support to report and remove any bogus claims.
Monitoring Your Overall Reputation Score
Keep an eye on your overall reputation across multiple platforms like Google, Facebook, and other vacation rental platforms or OTAs. Most future guests read between 6 and 12 reviews before booking. To help make your property more attractive, consider using tools like Guest Messaging and Reputation Management offered by platforms like Hostfully and Avantio.
You demonstrate your commitment to maintaining a high-quality guest experience by effectively responding to reviews and guest feedback. This will attract more bookings to your property and enhance your reputation on the vacation rental platform. So, always stay vigilant in managing reviews, as your future success depends on it!