Exploring the Detroit Boat Show: A Premier Marine Event
Have you ever been to the Detroit Boat Show? If not, get ready to dive into this fantastic event that showcases the latest and greatest in the marine world. With a 60-year reputation as the original, biggest, and best boat show in Michigan and ranked among the top five in the country for sales, attendance, and exhibitor count, you’re in for a treat!
So, what can you expect at this premier marine event? For starters, you’ll find over 200 exhibitors showcasing a vast array of boats, marine accessories, and cutting-edge technology suited for every kind of boating enthusiast.
Immerse yourself in a fun, engaging atmosphere where you can learn about the latest innovations in the marine market and mingle with fellow boating aficionados. Detroit Boat Show’s event organizers have designed an exciting program with various activities and demonstrations that cater to all ages, making it a perfect day out for your whole family or group of friends.
Now, let’s talk numbers. The Detroit Boat Show typically draws in an estimated 60,000 visitors, making it one of the largest gatherings in the marine industry. This massive event spans multiple days, so you will have plenty of time to explore all it offers.
- Dates: January 27 to February 4, 2024
- Location: Huntington Place, 1 Washington Blvd., Detroit (formerly the Cobo Center)
- Hours: Saturdays: 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Sundays and Mondays: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Thursdays and Fridays: 3-9 p.m.
- Admission: Adult admission is $14, Children 12 and under are free with an adult
Remember to plan your visit wisely by checking the schedule on their official website, detroitboatshow.net. Here you’ll find a complete list of exhibitors and activities, ensuring you get the most out of your Detroit Boat Show experience.
As you explore this incredible marine world, don’t forget to take in the sights and sounds and share your love for boating with other enthusiasts. Have fun, make new connections, and maybe even find your dream boat at the Detroit Boat Show!
Planning Your Visit
Are you excited for the 66th Annual Detroit Boat Show? We know you are! To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, here’s everything you need to know about the event so you don’t miss a thing.
The boat show will take place at Huntington Place, and it runs from January 27th to February 4th, 2024. During your visit, expect hundreds of new 2024 models and “like new” non-current boats, motors, trailers, accessories, and more. There’s something for everyone, from fishing boats, ski boats, and pontoons, to cruisers, inflatables, personal watercraft, and even kayaks!
To ensure you don’t miss out on any activities or exhibits, plan your visit according to the show’s hours:
|11am – 6pm
|11am – 6pm
|11am – 9pm
|11am – 9pm
|11am – 9pm
|10am – 8pm
|10am – 5pm
When it comes to tickets, adult admission is $14, while children 12 & under get in FREE when accompanied by an adult. For a more convenient experience, you can purchase e-tickets to skip the line! Active military, police, and firefighters also receive free admission for one. Now that’s a deal you can’t miss!
As one event organizer passionately states, “The Progressive Detroit Boat Show is the Original, Biggest, and Best boat show in the state of Michigan.” So what are you waiting for? Mark your calendar and prepare for a fantastic time exploring the world of boats and watercraft at the upcoming 66th Annual Detroit Boat Show. It’s an experience you won’t want to miss!
Highlights of the Show
This year’s Detroit Boat Show offers plenty of excitement and fun for everyone, and while browsing the stunning boats, you’ll also enjoy some fantastic special attractions. Let’s dive right into the highlights of the show!
Over the weekend, you can expect a myriad of activities for adults and kids alike. Did you know The Great Lakes Scuttlebutt is the Official Magazine of MBIA Boat Shows? That’s one fun fact you can share with your friends as you explore the event!
Here are some of the notable features of the Detroit Boat Show:
- On Saturday, don’t miss the opportunity to get up close and personal with the X Shore 1, a debut model from Sweden-based tech company X Shore. It’s a perfect example of cutting-edge nautical innovation, and you’ll be among the first in the U.S. to see it.
- February 3rd and 4th, visit Captain Sandy on Below Deck Mediterranean and get a chance to chat about her experiences on her TV show. Don’t forget to snap a picture with her!
Here’s a brief list of other popular attractions at the show:
- Engaging schedules and contests
- An extensive floor plan with various exhibitor listings
- Opportunities to become an exhibitor or sponsor
- An informative press center for all the latest news and updates
In the words of Nicki Polan, show manager of the Detroit Boat Show, they aim to bring the boating community something fresh and exciting every year. So, get ready to spend a fantastic weekend surrounded by like-minded boat enthusiasts and immerse yourself in the incredible world of boats!
For the Boating Enthusiast
You’ll be delighted to find a vast variety of boats on display, catering to various preferences and styles. Some of the popular types of watercraft showcased include:
- Fishing boats
- Ski boats
- Personal watercraft
Additionally, the show brings together the latest models, innovative designs, and exciting new products. Whether you’re an experienced boater or new to the world of watercraft, you’ll find something that suits your requirements.
Organizers have mentioned that a shift in popularity towards electric boats has been noted, too. This implies that you can expect to see a focus on more environmentally friendly and sustainable options at the event.
Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect at the Detroit Boat Show:
- Premiere Showing of Boats: With hundreds of new 2024 and non-current models, ranging from 10 to potentially 55 feet in length, there’s no shortage of choices for you to explore.
- Great Deals: The show presents a unique opportunity for boaters to get great deals on their favorite watercraft, accessories, and equipment.
- Industry Expertise: The Michigan Boating Industries Association supports the event, ensuring a top-quality experience and networking opportunities with industry professionals.
So, mark your calendars and make sure you’re ready to dive into the world of boating at the 66th Progressive Detroit Boat Show!
Family and Kid-Friendly Activities
Are you planning to attend the Detroit Boat Show with your children? The event offers a variety of family and kid-friendly activities that will keep everyone entertained. Let’s explore some exciting options for you and your kids at the show.
Hands-on experiences: Your children will love the opportunity to learn about boating and water safety through interactive exhibits and activities. They can try their hand at steering a small vessel and learn how to tie essential knots.
Face painting and balloon art: No event is complete without fun and colorful art for the little ones. Professional face painters and balloon artists will be at the boat show, ready to create imaginative designs and sculptures that are sure to delight your children.
Wildlife encounters: The Detroit Boat Show will also host a special marine life exhibit featuring fascinating creatures for kids to learn about. Your kids will be amazed as they get up close and personal with exotic fish, turtles, and other aquatic species.
Here are some additional activities that you can expect at the Detroit Boat Show:
- Mini boat races for kids to participate in and compete for exciting prizes
- A designated play area with age-appropriate toys, games, and activities
- Special appearances by beloved mascots and characters
- Food stands offering tasty treats the whole family will enjoy
An event organizer was quoted as saying, “We understand that families attending the Detroit Boat Show want a memorable experience for their children. That’s why we’ve made sure to include plenty of kid-friendly activities and exhibits that will leave lasting memories for young boating enthusiasts.”
The Show’s Economic and Community Impact
Did you know that the Detroit Boat Show has a significant positive impact on both the local economy and the community? Let’s dive into the details!
In 2023, the Progressive Detroit Boat Show attracted 51,116 attendees during its 7-day event at Huntington Place in Detroit. This surge in attendance contributes to the local economy through increased sales, hotel bookings, and restaurant patronage. With many people traveling to Detroit specifically for the event, the entire region benefits from the influx of visitors.
As the premiere boating exhibition in Michigan, the show features hundreds of new 2024 models and non-current “like new” boats, motors, trailers, accessories, and more. Organized by the Michigan Boating Industries Association (MBIA), the event covers a wide range of vessels, from small 10-foot fishing boats to massive 55-foot luxury cruisers. This variety ensures something for everyone, helping the event attract a diverse audience.
A direct quote from the event organizers highlights the community engagement aspect: “The Detroit Boat Show brings people together from all walks of life, with a shared passion for boating, leading to a strong sense of camaraderie among the exhibitors and attendees.”
Here are some key contributions of the Detroit Boat Show:
- Boosting Local Businesses: Local retailers and service providers benefit from the increased foot traffic and patronage.
- Providing Networking Opportunities: The event connects industry professionals, fostering new partnerships and collaborations.
- Supporting Community Outreach: The Detroit Boat Show offers free admission for active military personnel, police officers, and firefighters as a token of gratitude for their service.
The Detroit Boat Show creates lasting memories and strengthens the bond among industry professionals, enthusiasts, and local businesses by bringing the boating community together. So next time you attend the show, remember that your participation not only fulfills your boating passion but also plays a role in supporting the economic and community growth in the region.
Making the Most of Your Visit
During your visit, be prepared to take advantage of the numerous offerings:
- Exhibitors: Alongside the fantastic array of boats, you’ll find vendors showcasing the latest accessories, gear, and services.
- Seminars: The show often features a variety of informative sessions on topics like boat safety, maintenance, and new technologies. Don’t miss out on these valuable learning opportunities!
- Special offers: Keep an eye out for exclusive deals on everything from boats to accessories. It’s the perfect time to invest in that dream boat or upgrade your gear!
We encourage you to use the following tips to make your boat show visit even better:
- Make a list: Jot down your priorities and must-see boats or vendors before you arrive. This will help streamline your visit and ensure you don’t miss anything important.
- Wear comfortable shoes: With so much to see and do, you’ll be on your feet for most of the day. Opt for comfy shoes to keep you going.
- Ask questions: Don’t be shy! Engage with exhibitors, fellow attendees, and experts. The boat show is a perfect opportunity to learn from seasoned pros and share your passion for boating.
In the words of the event organizers, the Detroit Boat Show is “Michigan’s original, biggest, and best boat show.” So, be sure to make the most of your visit and immerse yourself in everything it has to offer. Happy boating!
Insights for Exhibitors
As an exhibitor at the Detroit Boat Show, you’ll find this event an excellent opportunity to showcase your company’s products and services. Remember, 2023’s event saw an impressive 51,116 people in attendance.
Putting your company in front of this crowd not only helps increase your brand’s visibility but also allows you to connect with potential customers and other industry professionals such as manufacturers, suppliers, and fellow exhibitors.
Here are some highlights and information to consider as you prepare for the Detroit Boat Show:
- The event will be held at Huntington Place, located at One Washington Blvd, Detroit, MI 48226. The show lasts for several days, ensuring that you have ample time to showcase your products and engage with attendees2.
- To make the most of your experience, set up your exhibit early. The Boat Show Office opens on January 27 and runs through February 4, 2024.
- As an exhibitor, you’ll have access to discounted hotel rates. Double-check to make sure these numbers are still current for your Detroit Boat Show visit:
Room Type Nightly Rate Valet Parking (Daily) Valet Parking (Overnight) King/Queen $169 + tax $15 $25
Take advantage of these discounted rates to ensure a comfortable stay during the event.
- Speaking to show organizers, they highlight the importance of remembering that all exhibitors’ collective efforts largely determine the event’s success. Make sure your booth is appealing, engaging, and well-staffed. It is a good idea to have informative materials ready and be prepared to answer any questions attendees may have about your products or services.
With all this in mind, prepare for an exciting opportunity to showcase your company, network with industry professionals, and make lasting impressions on potential customers. Remember, your success at the Detroit Boat Show is dependent on your preparation and active engagement throughout the event. Good luck, and enjoy the show!
Accommodation and Logistics
So you’re planning to attend the Detroit Boat Show, and you’re probably wondering about the accommodation and logistics for your visit. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
The 66th annual Detroit Boat Show will take place at Huntington Place (formerly Cobo Center) in Detroit, Michigan from January 27 to February 4, 2024. Since this event attracts a large number of visitors, it’s a good idea to book your accommodations in advance.
Here are some options for lodging near Huntington Place:
- Downtown Hotels: There are several hotels within walking distance of the venue, catering to a range of budgets. You can choose from well-known chains like Marriott, Hilton, or Westin, or opt for more boutique options.
- Airbnb: If you prefer a homier feel, consider booking an Airbnb property in the downtown area. This can be a great option for families or larger groups.
To make getting around even easier, here’s some info on transportation options:
- Public Transport: Detroit’s public transportation system includes buses and the People Mover, an elevated train that circles downtown. The nearest People Mover stop to Huntington Place is Cobo Center Station.
- Rideshare: Uber and Lyft are readily available for convenient and affordable travel within the city.
- Parking: If you decide to drive to the event, there are several parking options around Huntington Place, including on-site parking, nearby garages, and metered street parking.
- Adults: $14
- Children 12 & Under: FREE with an adult
- Free admission (for 1) for all active military, police, and firefighters.
Consider purchasing your tickets online in advance to avoid long lines at the entrance. Keep in mind that the Detroit Boat Show only accepts US currency.
In the words of event organizers, attendees can expect an amazing showcase of boats and boating accessories and the opportunity to engage with fellow boating enthusiasts.
We hope this information helps you plan your visit to the Detroit Boat Show. Enjoy your time in the Motor City, and have a fantastic experience at the event!
Dining and Local Attractions
While attending the Detroit Boat Show, you’ll definitely want to explore the city’s vibrant dining scene and local attractions. Detroit has a lot to offer, and we’ve gathered some recommendations to make your visit as enjoyable as possible.
First up, let’s talk food. Detroit’s culinary scene boasts everything from high-end dining to delightful food trucks. Try some iconic Detroit dishes such as:
- The Coney dog at American Coney Island or Lafayette Coney Island
- Detroit-style pizza at the legendary Buddy’s Pizza
- A decadent Paczki (Polish doughnut) from New Palace Bakery
Along with traditional Detroit fare, explore the city’s diverse cuisine. Consider visiting the Eastern Market, a local favorite, where you’ll find a myriad of colorful food stalls and artisanal delights.
After satisfying your taste buds, take a trip to Detroit’s fantastic cultural and historical attractions. Here are just a few options:
- The Henry Ford Museum: Boasting exhibits on America’s manufacturing and automotive history, this museum is a must-visit for any enthusiast.
- Detroit Institute of Arts: Home to an extensive collection of art spanning across all cultures and time periods
- Motown Museum: A tribute to Detroit’s iconic Motown era, where you can immerse yourself in the music and stories that shaped the industry
- Belle Isle Park: Perfect for taking a relaxing stroll or enjoying waterside views of the city’s skyline
As one event organizer mentioned, “The Detroit Boat Show is not just about boats; it’s an opportunity for visitors to experience the culture, history, and culinary delights that make Detroit truly unique.”
So, while you’re in town for the Detroit Boat Show, take some time to explore the city’s rich offerings and claims to fame.
Safety and Security Measures
So, you’re planning to attend the Detroit Boat Show? Awesome! Let’s talk about the safety and security measures at the event.
Rules are implemented throughout the show to ensure your safety. Exhibitor guidelines provided by the Michigan Boating Industries Association (MBIA) specify all standards exhibitors are to meet. This ensures that only authorized and high-quality products are displayed and available for purchase, reducing the possibility of counterfeit or unsafe items.
While the boating scene is usually friendly and welcoming, keeping an eye on your belongings is always essential. The event organizers have considered this and implemented security measures to keep attendees and exhibitors safe. These may include:
- Security personnel on-site during the event
- Bag checks upon entering the venue
- Surveillance cameras monitoring the event space
In order to guarantee your safety even further, you can also follow these simple tips:
- Pay attention to any safety announcements and follow emergency procedures if needed.
- Keep your belongings close to you, and don’t leave them unattended.
- Familiarize yourself with the venue layout and location of exits.
- In an emergency, remain calm and listen to the guidance of event staff and security personnel.
Lastly, remember that the Detroit Boat Show is a family-friendly event. As such, maintain a respectful and responsible attitude towards other attendees, exhibitors, and event staff.
Now that you’re equipped with this information, enjoy the Detroit Boat Show without worries!
Shopping and Merchandise
Have you ever wondered where you can find a vast selection of boat products and accessories in one place? The Detroit Boat Show offers an unparalleled shopping experience, with hundreds of brand-new and “like new” boat models, motors, trailers, and more to explore.
Accessories and Apparel
From coolers and docking equipment to inflatables and unique apparel, the event truly has something for every boat enthusiast. Don’t forget to check out the variety of boat accessories and gear that will make your time on the water even more enjoyable.
As mentioned, the Detroit Boat Show offers exclusive access to some of the best. Discover the latest in fishing boats, ski boats, pontoons, cruisers, inflatables, personal watercraft, and kayaks. As an event organizer once said, “This show is the ultimate one-stop shopping experience, helping you see what’s new and exciting in the world of boating.”
Here are some product categories you can expect to find at the show:
- Fishing Boats
- Ski Boats
- Personal Watercraft
The Future of Boating
A revolution in the boating industry is on the horizon, paving the way for a more sustainable and innovative era. At the heart of this are trailblazers such as Sweden-based tech company X Shore, which showcased its latest model, the X Shore 1, at the 65th Annual Progressive Detroit Boat Show.
So, how does this impact you? As a boating enthusiast, you may witness the rise of electric boats designed to minimize environmental impact while optimizing performance. These advances will likely alter how you enjoy boating and create career opportunities in areas like marine engineering, product design, and software development.
Here are a few highlights of what the future of boating has in store for you:
- Electric Boats: X Shore’s electric boats are game-changers, with more companies shifting their focus to environmentally-friendly options. Say goodbye to noxious fumes and excessive noise – electric boats are here to change the game.
- Advanced Technologies: Imagine a fusion of cutting-edge design with state-of-the-art technology, encompassing everything from autopilot navigation to enhancements in fuel efficiency.
- Career Opportunities: As the industry evolves, you’ll see opportunities for growth in new and specialized areas. It’s time for you to explore how your skills might contribute to this change.
Remember what Nicki Polan, Show Manager and MBIA Executive Director, said about the 65th annual Progressive Detroit Boat Show, which marked its return after a 3-year hiatus? It was deemed a success, and as this event grows, so does its role in showcasing the industry’s latest innovations.
You may want to start planning your next Progressive Detroit Boat Show visit, scheduled for January 27 to February 4, 2024. As the Michigan Boating Industries Association (MBIA) produces the event, be prepared to witness the ongoing evolution of the boating world. So, buckle up and get ready to ride the wave of the future in boating!
Media Coverage and Promotion
The Detroit Boat Show has been receiving media attention for its 65th edition, generating excitement among boating enthusiasts and the general public. You’ll find extensive coverage of the event on various media platforms, including the official website: detroitboatshow.net. Stay updated with the latest news, ticket information, and more by visiting the website.
So, what has everyone been talking about? 2023’s show featured the U.S. debut of X Shore’s newest model, the X Shore 1, drawing the limelight onto itself. This progressive boat show has successfully attracted both local and national media outlets, amplifying awareness of the event and its offerings.
The organizers have been proactive in their promotion efforts. From quotes by the event coordinators sharing their enthusiasm to statistics highlighting the show’s success, the media strategy revolves around engaging the audience through various channels. For example:
- Social Media: Maintaining a strong presence on popular platforms makes it easy for you to stay connected and engage with the event organizers and fellow enthusiasts.
- Traditional Media: Newspapers, TV stations, and radio channels have featured extensive event coverage, giving you various opportunities to get the inside scoop on all the exciting stuff happening at the show.
Want to make the most of the Progressive Detroit Boat Show experience? Check out the Michigan Boating Industries Association (MBIA) website for more information, as the revenue generated from the event is being funneled back into MBIA’s programs and services, aiming to benefit boaters’ interests.
So, fellow boat lovers, it’s time to dive into this boating adventure! Engage with fellow enthusiasts, keep up with the latest trends, and, most importantly, have a fantastic time at the Detroit Boat Show!
Exploring Detroit’s Waterways
Did you know that Detroit has a diverse boating scene? With its location in Michigan and nestled along the beautiful Detroit River, it’s no wonder the city is a hub for boating enthusiasts. This backdrop makes the Progressive Detroit Boat Show the perfect event for those looking to immerse themselves in the world of boating.
The event is scheduled from January 27 to February 4, 2023. During this time, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide array of boats, motors, trailers, accessories, and more! Detroit Boat Show is known to display an extensive range of boat types. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the boats you might come across at the event:
- Fishing boats
- Ski boats
Worried about ticket prices? Don’t be! Adult tickets only cost $14, while children 12 years and younger can attend for free when accompanied by an adult. Additionally, active military members, police officers, and firefighters receive free admission for one person.
Not only does the Detroit Boat Show offer an impressive collection of boats, but it also features insightful discussions and presentations. You’ll have the opportunity to hear from industry experts and event organizers. According to the organizers, the boat show is “the Original, Biggest and Best boat show in the state of Michigan.”
The Progressive Detroit Boat Show serves as an excellent platform to connect with like-minded individuals. Whether you’re a seasoned boater or a newbie, you’re sure to have a memorable time exploring Detroit’s waterways and discovering everything there is to love about boating in the region. So, don’t forget to mark your calendars and prepare for an exciting adventure!
Are you an eco-conscious boater? Then you’ll be pleased to learn that the Detroit Boat Show has prioritized environmental responsibility! This dedication is evident in the various measures taken by the boating industry in Michigan to maintain and showcase sustainability.
The Michigan Clean Marina Program has been established to promote eco-friendly boating practices. The Fiberglass Recycling Project is another initiative that aims to reduce waste by recycling old fiberglass boats. How about shrink-wrap recycling? The boating industry has that covered too!
Do you know what the boating industry is fighting against? It’s important to mention the efforts to stop the spread of Aquatic Invasive Species. This shows how serious they are about protecting our water bodies.
As an event organizer put it, “The Michigan Boating Industries Association, with partners around the state and country, has made strides in the past year to establish and maintain programs that help sustain the industry, environment, and our greatest resource – fresh water.”
Are you thinking about the job prospects in the marine industry? Worry not! The boat show aims to promote workforce development and offers many open positions in the Michigan marine industry.
So, what can you expect at the show? Be sure to check out the Sustainability Exhibit to learn more about the green initiatives in the recreational boating industry.
The Detroit Boat Show is the perfect place for eco-conscious boaters to gather and celebrate their shared love for the environment. With a friendly, information-packed, and engaging atmosphere, the event ensures you’ll leave feeling inspired to care for our planet and explore careers in the marine industry.
Advice for Boat Buyers
So, you’ve decided to take the plunge and buy a boat at the Detroit Boat Show? Great choice! This boat show is the perfect place to find and compare a variety of boats, talk to experts, dealers, and manufacturers, and take advantage of special deals and incentives. Here’s some advice to help you make the best decision when it comes to choosing between a new or used boat.
Purchasing a brand-new boat has its advantages. For starters, you get to choose the exact specifications and customize it to fit your needs. You can expect fewer maintenance issues and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with manufacturer warranties.
“The wind in your hair, the sun on your face, and the open water ahead – owning a boat is a dream.” – Detroit Boat Show event organizers
On the other hand, a used boat can be a more budget-friendly option. With a bit of research and patience, you can potentially find a well-maintained, pre-loved vessel for a fraction of the price of a new one. Just be prepared for higher maintenance costs and the possibility of repairs.
Attending boat shows like the Detroit Boat Show is an excellent way to start your boat-buying journey. Here are some top tips for making the most of your visit:
- Do your homework: Prioritize your needs and preferences, and familiarize yourself with boat types, manufacturers, and price ranges before attending the show.
- Bring a notepad or app: Keep track of your favorite models, ask questions, and take note of important features or deals.
- Take your time: Don’t be afraid to step back and think things through before making a decision.
- Negotiate: Boats can be a significant investment, so don’t be shy about discussing prices or looking for the best deal.
By following these tips and making the most of the boat show experience, you’ll find the perfect boat for your needs. Happy shopping, and enjoy that open water!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates for the Detroit Boat Show?
The 66th annual Progressive Detroit Boat Show is scheduled from January 27 through February 4, 2024. The event will be held at Huntington Place in Detroit.
Where can I purchase tickets for the event?
While specifics about ticket purchasing options aren’t available yet, watch out for updates on the Detroit Boat Show’s official website or contact the organizers.
Are there any special discounts or promo codes available?
There is no information available about discounts or promo codes for the Detroit Boat Show at the moment. Keep an eye on their official website and social media channels for any updates on promotional offers.
What other boat shows are happening nearby?
Another notable boat show in the region is the Metro Boat Show, organized by the Michigan Boating Industries Association. Specific dates and details for the Metro Boat Show can be found on their website or by reaching out to the organizers.
How does the Detroit Boat Show compare to the Chicago Boat Show?
The Detroit Boat Show and the Chicago Boat Show are major events that showcase the latest boats, motors, trailers, accessories, and more. While both events are a must-attend for boating enthusiasts, they may vary in size, exhibitor diversity, and programs. It is best to attend both events to experience and compare the unique offerings of each show.