The Finger Lakes region of New York State offers a delightful vacation experience perfect for families, couples, and solo adventurers. With beautiful lakes, charming towns, and robust wineries, this region provides vacation rentals in the Finger Lakes. It is ideal for those looking for a memorable and relaxing getaway. These rentals allow you to immerse yourself in the beauty of this quaint region while enjoying all the comforts of home.
As you explore the Finger Lakes, you’ll find a variety of vacation rental selections to suit your needs, ranging from cozy cabins in the forest to lakefront houses with stunning views. Make your trip even more special by choosing the perfect vacation rental that complements your desired activities and attractions, such as visiting the popular wine trails, attending annual festivals, or indulging in fine dining at local restaurants.
When booking your Finger Lakes vacation rental, consider the time of year, as each season brings unique attractions and experiences. From the colorful display of the Lilac Festival in Rochester during spring to the stunning foliage in the fall, there’s always something new to discover in this picturesque region.
- Finger Lakes vacation rentals offer a variety of options for a memorable getaway
- Select a rental that suits your needs and interests, such as lakefront houses or cozy cabins
- Consider the time of year, as each season brings unique attractions and experiences
Fun Facts About the Finger Lakes
Underground wonder: The Finger Lakes region is home to the longest underground railroad network in the United States, with over 200 miles of tunnels and passageways.
Sky high: The Finger Lakes region is home to the highest point in New York State east of the Adirondack Mountains, at 2,260 feet above sea level.
Sweet treats: The Finger Lakes region is home to the second-largest maple syrup production in the United States, with over 1 million gallons of syrup produced each year.
Frozen beauty: The Finger Lakes region is home to over 1,000 waterfalls, including the highest waterfall in New York State, Taughannock Falls, which is 215 feet high.
Living history: The Finger Lakes region has over 1,000 historic sites, including the National Women’s Hall of Fame and the Women’s Rights National Historical Park.
The Beauty of the Finger Lakes
The Finger Lakes region is a stunning getaway destination, offering a perfect blend of nature, history, and culture.
Here, you will find a wealth of fantastic vacation rentals that showcase the best of lake life. From cozy lakefront cottages to spacious vacation homes, you will surely find the perfect retreat to enjoy all the Finger Lakes offers.
How To Get Here
Getting to the Finger Lakes is easy, with several travel options available. For those driving, the region is accessible via major highways such as I-90 and I-86. Alternatively, if you’re flying, nearby airports include Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC), Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR), and Ithaca Tompkins International Airport (ITH). From there, you can rent a car or use a shuttle service to reach your destination.
Once you’ve arrived, immerse yourself in the splendor of lake life.
With numerous lakes, including Seneca, Cayuga, Keuka, Canandaigua, and Honeoye, you can explore crystal-clear waters and scenic shorelines until your heart is content. Take advantage of the various water activities available, such as kayaking, canoeing, or paddle boating, to fully experience the magic of the lakes.
Your lakefront vacation rental will provide the perfect base for discovering the charm of the Finger Lakes region. Beyond the lakes, the area is home to countless attractions, such as parks, waterfalls, and wineries. Visit Watkins Glen State Park to witness its enchanting waterfalls, or sip through the region’s renowned wine country by exploring the Seneca Lake Wine Trail or Cayuga Lake Wine Trail.
No matter how you spend time in the Finger Lakes, your vacation home will be the ideal place to relax and unwind after a day of adventure. Embrace the serenity of your surroundings and make the most of your time in this captivating region.
Exploring Finger Lakes Region’s Top Spots
If you plan a vacation to the Finger Lakes Region, you’re in for a treat. This corner of New York State is known for its picturesque landscapes, quaint villages, and unique wineries. Before venturing into the area, catch a glimpse of some of the region’s best-loved spots.
First on your list should be the charming city of Geneva, where you’ll find dozens of welcoming bed and breakfasts, boutique shops, and fantastic lakefront views. After you’ve explored the city, make your way to Ithaca, home to nearby Cayuga Lake, numerous waterfalls, and the picturesque Cornell University campus.
If you’re a wine enthusiast, you can visit the many wineries that line the scenic Keuka and Seneca Lakes. In particular, be sure to check out the Seneca Lake Wine Trail, which boasts over 30 wineries and vineyards. And while you’re at it, remember to stroll through the historic villages of Penn Yan and Dundee, which offer a taste of the region’s rich history and quaint charm.
For those who love the great outdoors, the hike around the iconic Watkins Glen State Park is an absolute must-do. But why not also explore the sparkling waters of Skaneateles Lake, Honeoye Lake, and Cayuga Lake? And if you’re feeling adventurous, consider taking a day trip to the awe-inspiring Niagara Falls.
As you visit each of these breathtaking locations around the Finger Lakes Region, you’re sure to stumble upon hidden gems and beautiful vistas that will make your trip truly unforgettable. From the bustling city of Rochester to the peaceful village of Hammondsport, there’s no shortage of memorable destinations waiting for you in this serene corner of New York State. So, what are you waiting for? The Finger Lakes Region is eager to welcome you!
Annual Festivals and Celebrations
The Finger Lakes region of New York State is home to a variety of significant events, annual festivals, and celebrations throughout the year. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Granger Homestead Festival of Trees (Canandaigua): This annual festival features over 100 decorated Christmas trees and various holiday activities for the whole family.
- Holiday Village at Watkins Glen State Park (Watkins Glen): This winter wonderland features a variety of activities, including ice skating, snowshoeing, and ice fishing.
- WinterFest at CMAC (Canandaigua): This annual festival features live music, ice carving, and other winter-themed activities.
- Maple Weekend (Finger Lakes-wide): This annual event celebrates the state’s maple syrup industry, with many sugar shacks offering tours, demonstrations, and tastings.
- Rochester International Jazz Festival (Rochester): This world-renowned festival features over 2,000 musicians performing on over 15 stages throughout the city.
- Watkins Glen International Grand Prix (Watkins Glen): This annual road race is one of the most prestigious motorsport events in the world.
- New York State Fair (Syracuse): This annual fair is one of the largest in the country, with over 1 million visitors each year.
- Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music & Dance (Trumansburg): This annual festival features over 200 bands performing on four stages, as well as a variety of other activities, including camping, dancing, and arts & crafts.
- Naples Grape Festival (Naples): This annual festival celebrates the region’s grape industry, with over 50 wineries participating.
- Leaf Peeper Trail (Finger Lakes-wide): This scenic route takes visitors past some of the most beautiful fall foliage in the state.
- New York State Yoga Festival (Letchworth State Park): This annual festival features yoga classes, workshops, and demonstrations, as well as live music and other activities.
- It’s a Wonderful Life Celebration (Seneca Falls): This annual festival celebrates the classic Christmas movie “It’s a Wonderful Life,” filmed in Seneca Falls.
Activities Around Finger Lakes
Let’s dive into the variety of opportunities at the scenic Finger Lakes!
Imagine unwinding at a rental house with a great view of the breathtaking lakes. One popular option is Drift Away, which offers stunning vistas, a hot tub, kayaks, a fireplace, and a nostalgic touch with a PAC-MAN game. Sounds terrific.
The Finger Lakes region boasts beautiful, serene beaches where you can swim and relax. Many vacation rentals offer convenient access to these spectacular shores. Don’t worry; your furry friends are welcome at several pet-friendly vacation homes.
Is a cozy evening with loved ones on your agenda? Quality time by the fire pit is the perfect activity to share stories and enjoy the privacy of your vacation rental. Roasting marshmallows and stargazing on a clear night are bound to create lasting memories.
Some additional activities to consider during your stay include:
- Visiting picturesque wineries and vineyards
- Exploring charming local towns with artisan shops and delicious dining options
- Hiking and biking on scenic trails throughout the region
- Kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding on the serene waters
Remember, whether it’s a family reunion, a getaway with friends, or a peaceful retreat, the Finger Lakes region offers an ideal setting and a variety of activities to suit your needs. The perfect rental house, amazing views, and endless adventures await you at the beautiful Finger Lakes!
Exploring Finger Lakes Wine Trails
Did you know that the Finger Lakes region of New York State is home to over 120 wineries? If you’re a wine enthusiast, this is the place to be. As one of the largest wine-producing regions in the eastern United States, the Finger Lakes is blessed with a unique climate and soil conditions perfect for growing a number of grapes, including Riesling, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, and Pinot Noir.
When planning your trip, consider a visit to some of the top wineries along the Finger Lakes Wine Trail:
- Dr. Konstantin Frank Winery (Hammondsport): Founded in 1962 by Ukrainian immigrant Dr. Konstantin Frank, who introduced Riesling grapes to the region, this iconic winery should be on your list. Enjoy wine tastings, tours, and a restaurant with breathtaking views of Keuka Lake.
- Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard (Lodi): Award-winning winery known for its Riesling and dry Riesling wines. Take a tour, indulge in some wine tastings, and have a picnic while enjoying the beautiful views of Seneca Lake.
- Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards (Hammondsport): A family-owned winery specializing in Riesling, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Franc wines. Experience wine tastings, tours, and a restaurant with incredible Keuka Lake views.
- Fox Run Vineyards (Penn Yan): Famous for its Riesling, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Franc wines, Fox Run Vineyards offers wine tastings, tours, and a restaurant with enticing views of Keuka Lake.
- Glenora Wine Cellars (Dundee): Home to Riesling, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir wines, this winery features a variety of wine tastings, tours, and a restaurant with picturesque views of Seneca Lake.
Fine Dining in the Finger Lakes
When visiting the Finger Lakes, you’re in for a treat as the region boasts a variety of fine dining options. From intimate eateries to historic hotels, you’ll find an array of delicious cuisines and experiences to indulge in.
One popular option is F.L.X. Table in Geneva, which offers a tasting menu of seasonal dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. You’ll enjoy the bonus of Finger Lakes wine pairings as you dine. Similarly, Veraisons Restaurant in Dundee is located at Glenora Wine Cellars and serves upscale regional cuisine paired with local wines.
For a truly historic experience, head to The Inn on Seneca in Geneva. This fine dining restaurant is situated within a beautiful historic hotel and offers a menu of classic American dishes complemented by Finger Lakes wines. Another historic option is Edgar’s Restaurant in the Castle in Geneva, located within the enchanting Belhurst Castle. Here, you’ll be treated to classic American fare and, of course, Finger Lakes wines.
Finally, don’t miss out on Ports Café in Geneva. This modern American restaurant showcases locally sourced ingredients and offers an extensive selection of Finger Lakes wines to accompany your meal. With all these fantastic options, you will find the perfect dining experience to complete your Finger Lakes vacation.
Choosing the Right Rental Home
Lakefront Properties Vs. Cottages
Are you looking for a place with a fantastic view? Lakefront properties often offer stunning water views and easy access to lake-related activities. You’ll enjoy the serene atmosphere and the chance to connect with nature.
On the other hand, cottages provide a cozy, private space that’s perfect for families or couples seeking a peaceful retreat. Cottages are usually nested in wooded areas, offering their own charm and tranquility.
Rustic Vs. Contemporary Style Homes
Do you prefer a cozy, vintage ambiance or a sleek, modern design? Rustic homes often feature natural materials and a warm, inviting atmosphere. Perfect for those who want a classic Finger Lakes experience, these homes often feature a fireplace, exposed wood beams, and traditional decor.
If you’re after a more contemporary home, expect to find clean lines, open spaces, and modern furnishings. These homes usually come with up-to-date amenities and stylish interiors, perfect for those who appreciate a modern touch on their vacation.
Outstanding Amenities in Rental Properties
Are there any specific amenities you’re looking for in your rental? Make sure to consider the following:
- Space: Depending on your family or group size, you might need a larger house with multiple bedrooms and living areas. Ensure you choose a rental that can comfortably accommodate everyone.
- Private: If privacy is important to you, opt for vacation homes that offer seclusion and are not too close to neighbors.
- Modern: For those who prefer modern conveniences, look for homes featuring updated kitchens, smart technology, and energy-efficient appliances.
- Amenities: Create a list of must-have amenities, such as a hot tub, swimming pool, or game room, to ensure your rental meets your expectations.
Booking Your Perfect Vacation Rental
So, you want to book a vacation rental in the picturesque Finger Lakes region? Look no further! You can find a perfect fit for your stay with various options available.
First, have a look at Finger Lakes Premier Properties. They offer a wide array of rental properties, from budget-friendly to luxurious, all tailored to make your stay unforgettable. You can even use their Promo Code: SAVE3for2 for a fantastic deal between November 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024. Who doesn’t love a good discount?
Next, consider your desired location. The Finger Lakes region offers much, including stunning views and top-quality wineries. Pick a vacation rental along the Seneca Lake wine trail if you’re searching for a romantic getaway. It’s conveniently close to downtown Geneva and offers an ideal spot for relaxing with your loved ones.
Now, let’s talk about what you need in terms of space. The size of your rental property is essential, especially if you’re traveling with a group. Make sure to check the number of guests the property sleeps to avoid any surprises. Some rentals even provide extra amenities like Jacuzzi tubs, pools, kayaks, and canoes for a more memorable stay.
Booking your property is a breeze. Websites like Airbnb, Booking.com, and other platforms offer user-friendly search features and guest reviews to make finding your ideal rental a piece of cake. Keep an eye on the booking fee and any additional charges to ensure you stay within your budget.
Remember: Plan ahead and book your rental property in advance, as the Finger Lakes region is a popular destination. By following these simple tips, you’ll be on your way to enjoying a fantastic vacation in the breathtaking Finger Lakes region. Pack your enthusiasm, and get ready for an unforgettable trip!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What amenities are available at vacation rentals in the area?
Finger Lakes vacation rentals offer various amenities to make your stay enjoyable. You can expect waterfront access, kayaks, hot tubs, pet-friendly accommodations, and proximity to local wineries. Your home away from home will likely have everything you need for a comfortable and relaxing getaway.
Which Finger Lakes offer the best waterfront properties?
There are eleven pristine Finger Lakes, each with its unique charm and attractions. Seneca Lake, Keuka Lake, and Skaneateles Lake are the most popular lakes for waterfront vacation rentals. But remember to explore the other beautiful lakes in the region, as each highlights its natural beauty and offers various waterfront properties.
Are there any pet-friendly vacation rentals?
Yes, many vacation rentals in the Finger Lakes region are pet-friendly. Be sure to check the property listing for specific details, as some may have restrictions or additional fees for pets. Your furry family members can enjoy a vacation getaway with you in this picturesque region.
How far in advance should I book a lake house rental?
Booking a lake house rental in the Finger Lakes region can vary depending on the season and availability. It’s always a good idea to start your search early, especially if you have specific dates or amenities in mind. During peak seasons, booking at least 60 days in advance is recommended to secure your ideal vacation rental, but be prepared to book further in advance for high-demand properties.
What price range can I expect for luxury rentals?
Luxury vacation rentals in the Finger Lakes region can differ widely in price depending on the location, amenities, and the season of your stay. Pricing can range from around $200 per night for a luxury suite in a historic district to well over $500 per night for an upscale lakeside rental with all the premium amenities.
Are there any options for monthly or long-term stays?
Long-term stays and monthly rentals can often be arranged in the Finger Lakes region, especially during off-peak seasons. It’s best to check with individual rental property owners or managers for their specific policies regarding extended stays. Remember that availability and pricing may vary depending on the length of your stay and the time of year.